Personal Information that we may collect, process, and use
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website, or app?
When registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address or other information to help us improve your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you browse our website, register on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, participate in a webinar, respond to a survey, fill out a form and enter information on our site.
Why do we collect information?
The information is collected for legitimate interests of AppsTek. This information may be used for direct marketing, which is considered as a legitimate interest.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, browse the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and services in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website to better serve you.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails regarding the services of your interest or subscribed/purchased.
- To follow up with you after initial correspondence (live chat, email, or phone inquiries)
How do we protect your information?
We only provide content and information. We never solicit any kind of credit card information, and we use regular malware scanning. Your personal information is stored behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, any and all information you provide is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. AppsTek adopts industry standard security measures to safeguard your Personal Information.
How long do we store your information?
Cookies placed on your computer can be deleted by you at any time by clearing your browser cache.
Any personal information we receive (for example by signing up for our newsletter) will be stored as long as we deem your personal data relevant to our marketing services. At any time, you can unsubscribe or exercise your rights (see below).
What rights do you have regarding your personal data?
- You have right to request rectification and/or erasure of personal data, captured by AppsTek.
- You also have right to request for restriction of processing of your personal data.
- If we have received consent for processing your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time and exercise your right to be forgotten.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority or your specific country or geographic territory
- Any rights you wish to exercise can be achieved by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, from your registered email ID.
Our ‘Cookies’ policy
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions to offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
- By using our website, a cookie will be placed from Google, as a part of the “Google Analytics” services. We use this service to track and report about the usage of our website by visitors. Google may disclose this information to third parties when legally or lawfully obliged to do so, or in case a third party is processing this data on behalf of Google. We do not have any influence on how Google uses this obtained information for other Google services.
- The information Google collects, is (as much as possible) anonymous. The information captured/transferred by Google may be stored on servers in the United States, or any other geography chosen by Google. Google has declared that principles of the Privacy Shield will be obeyed, and Google is a certified Privacy Shield participant, meaning an adequate level of protection is ensured for the processing of personal data.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You can control this through your browser settings. If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly, but it won’t affect the user’s experience.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your Personally Identifiable Information to outside parties unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Our website contains buttons to promote or share webpages, such as our blogs, to social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and any other relevant social media. By using these buttons, additional cookies of these third parties will be placed. Please refer to the privacy statements of the relevant third parties (which are subject to change) to understand how your personal data is processed.
The information collected is anonymized as much as possible. The information is transferred to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and any other relevant social media, which adhere to the Privacy Shield principles and are affiliated with the Privacy Shield program of the US Department of Commerce. This means that there is an appropriate level of protection for the processing of any personal data.
We have implemented the following:
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use third-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) to compile data regarding user interactions as they relate to our website.
In compliance with Privacy Protection statutes, such as CalOPPA (California Online Privacy Protection Act), and the provisions of the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
- You can change your personal information, by emailing us.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
Yes, we allow third-party behavioral tracking.
With effect from 25 May 2018, as per the provisions of GDPR, AppsTek shall make every reasonable effort to safeguard the data subjects right of access, right to rectification, restriction of processing, erasure (Right to be forgotten), data portability, object to the processing, or its right not to be subject to an automated individual decision making (Data Subject Request).
Fair Information Practices
In compliance with GDPR, should a data breach occur, we will notify the effected data subjects via email within 72 working hours, from the time that we become aware of the breach.
Opt Out or Unsubscribe
5055 Keller Springs Rd Suite 150
Addison, TX 75001
If at any time you wish to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, or opt out from our newsletter or blog mailing list, you can email us at email@example.com
Last updated on 4th July 2022